Galebreaker Industrial Fabric Shield
Our product portfolio features the Galebreaker Industrial range of lightweight tensioned fabric Heat and Wind shields. This collaboration will expand the range of heat and wind shielding products specifically designed for the oil and gas sectors.
Galebreaker Industrial is a UK based company specialising in fabric technology with 30 years’ experience developing and manufacturing heat and windshield products across a broad range of industries.
Their range of fabric Heat and Wind Shields are independently tested by UKAS laboratories and provide the following benefits:
- Tailor-made to suit each installation
- Easily accommodates access and pipework requirements
- Cost effective and easy to fit
- Short lead times, low freight costs
The Galebreaker Industrial Wind Shield provides maximum protection from extreme wind and weather conditions on offshore oil and gas installations, whilst maintaining a light and airy working environment. The heat shield also gives maximum heat protection with minimal additional weight. It is verified by independent conductivity and radiant temperature heat tests.
Fabric shielding can often be installed quickly and simply to existing structures using a patented fixing system.
This helps to keep additional weight to a minimum and greatly reduces installation time and costs. Check this out in the video:
Product Features and Specifications
Galebreaker Industrial Heat Shields are lightweight and flexible with a range of fixing techniques available.
- Silver-grey Vamac® coated polyester base cloth
- Excellent UV and abrasion resistance
- Proven efficiency: protection against radiated heat up to 10 kW/m2 (3170 Btu/ft²/hr) for up to 1 hour and 6.3kW/m² (2000 Btu/ft²/hr) for continuous exposure
- Radiant Heat reduction of 86%
- Temperature range -30°C to + 180°C
- Lightweight and very durable: total weight including fixings 2.5 kg/m2
- Approx. 900g/m2 weight of material
- Designed to withstand wind speeds up to 53m/s or 120 mph
- Shields can be rolled into bales for easy handling, shipping and storage
Fixings and Safety
The Galebreaker Industrial Fabric Heat Shield requires a minimal support structure (fixing to client built subframe adds typically 10.8 kg/m2 in total for the subframe, material and fittings).
The patented fastening system means it is quick and easy to fit and tension.
All fixings are stainless steel marine grade (316 standard) or galvanised, and protective wraps and safety wires are also installed as necessary.
Single skin in construction, the PVC coated polyester fabric shield features a patented built in tensioning system which means it is quick and easy to fit and tension.
- Wind, rain and dirt resistant
- Excellent UV resistance
- Proven efficiency: can reduce wind speed by up to 75%
- Charcoal grey colour polyester material with PVC coating
- Fire resistant classification B-s2,d0 to EN 13501-1
- Lightweight,strong and very durable: 1.25 kg/m2 total weight including fixings
- Approx. 380 g/m2 weight of material
- Caters for temperature range -30 °C to +70 °C. Max. temperature protection 70 °C
- Designed to withstand wind speeds: standard 90 mph, maximum 120 mph (53 m/s)
- Shields can be rolled into bales for easy handling, shipping and storage.