The Mini type shield is used as a permanent solution for protect both personnel and equipment from the harsh weather conditions experienced both onshore and offshore in the oil and gas industry.
'Mini' type shields are single layer construction providing benefits similar to the Ladder type, but intended for protection of equipment in areas where personnel will not come into direct contact with the radiant shields. They are typically used for small panels and complex shapes.
- Designed primarily for protection of equipment.
- Uses the same heavy duty radiant mesh as Ladder shields.
- All stainless steel type 316L construction.
- Lower cost and weight
- Excellent light transmission
- Excellent ventilation.
- Quick on site installation and removal
- Supplied complete with all necessary A4 Stainless Steel fasteners.
The shield is of a single layer construction which can reduce the wind speed by up to 62% without affecting light transmission and ventilation. Protection against radiant heat is also provided.
- Wind efficiency 62%
- Mesh Independently tested at wind speeds in excess of 100mph (87knots/h)
- Complex and intricate designs can be accommodated easily
- All stainless steel type 316L construction
- Ideal for permanent wind and weather protection
- Excellent light transmission and ventilation
- Quick onsite installation and removal
- Supplied complete with all necessary A4 Stainless Steel fasteners
Mini Shield: Wind Speed Reduction Test Results
Tabulated values are extracted from Test Report No. R11918. On completion of the wind speed test the mesh was fully inspected and no evidence of damage was identified.